1. Kelp: Kelp is great for weight loss since it contributes to thyroid health. Having a healthy thyroid keeps your metabolism working effectively so your body is a greater calorie burner. Kelp also provides calcium, iodine, iron, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin K and B-vitamins.
2. Barley: An intestinal health booster that also supports weight loss, barley provides bulk that helps you feel fuller and prevents constipation. Add barley into your week to decrease the risk of colon cancer and hemorrhoids. Barley’s fiber also provides prebiotics, the food for the “friendly” bacteria in the large intestine which helps increase nutrient absorption and keeps your immune system strong.
3. Greek Yogurt (2% or nonfat): Greek yogurt is a great high calcium weight loss food that provides an excellent protein source which helps you feeling full longer. It’s also a perfect immune boost from the friendly live active yogurt cultures (L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus). Sprinkle a little cinnamon for caloric free flavoring.
4. Kefir (unsweetened, organic): Kefir is another great weight loss food that provides calcium, overall immune boost and a perfect well-balanced on the go snack.
5. Ricotta Cheese (organic, part-skim): It’s an easy to use weight loss food and bone health supporter! Ricotta cheese provides a quick, low sodium, high calcium protein source for sustainability and a great low fat cream cheese replacement. Ricotta cheese takes the flavor of whatever else you use with it so you can go savory or sweet. Add some chives to ricotta cheese to use as a spread with organic fresh basil and tomatoes on some whole grain crackers. Spread ricotta cheese with cinnamon on top of a piece of sprouted grain toast or a multi-grain waffle. It’s also great to add into your spaghetti sauce for a quick protein source with your pasta.
6. Egg Whites: Egg whites have the highest biological value protein, making it the top of the line protein source. A great weight loss food providing quick protein without fat and no cholesterol. Egg whites can be used on a daily basis.
7. Hemp Seed: It’s a great weight loss food that provides quick protein. Add 2 tablespoons of organic shelled hemp seed stirred into your cereal to get 11 grams of protein and overall disease prevention with calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese and vitamin E. Store your hempseed sealed in the refrigerator or freezer.
8. Milled Organic Flaxseed: This is a phenomenal source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. Choose milled or ground flaxseed rather than whole to fully absorb the benefits of the omega-3 fatty acids. Add 2 tablespoons a day to provide 4 grams of fiber and 2600 mg of omega-3 fatty acids into your whole grain cereal or organic yogurt. Added fiber makes the most of your eating time with increased satiety. Store in the opaque packaging in the refrigerator or freezer.
If you are a Member, be sure to browse our collection of delicious Organic Liaison Recipes.
For regular tips and advice on health, fitness, diet, and weight loss, register for a free Organic Liaison account today!
Tags: artichoke, barley, black bean, brocolli, calcium, eating healthy, eating organic, egg whites, fiber, fit, fitness, greek yogurt, health, Healthy Eating, hemp seed, kefir, kelp, Kirstie Alley, losing weight, milled organic flaxseed, Nutrition, organic eating, Organic Liaison, Recipes, Release Me, Rescue Me, ricotta cheese, tomato5,046 views