At Kirstie Alley’s Organic Liaison, we love to hear from members about their success with our weight loss program. We encourage them to provide successful tips and tricks to staying healthy and fit throughout their weight loss journey, no matter where they are! Member Kelli R. recently visited Las Vegas and provided us with the 10 things you need to know to stay fit and lean in Sin City. Enjoy!
I know what you must be thinking…how could one stick to their Organic Liaison weight loss plan in Sin City with endless temptations, and constant reminders of their old, toxic way of life? But I’ll tell you it can be done. I have a few tips and suggestions if you find yourself in Vegas (or anywhere for that matter) and may lose a little motivation to stay on track!
1. Make friends with your concierge. They’ll be able to direct you to local Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Farmer’s Markets, and organic restaurants etc. Also, stop by other hotels and see their concierge. You may learn of something your concierge doesn’t know about. (If they are really helpful and attentive to your needs, by all means drop a tip!)
2. Pack your own snacks…and make em’ count! You’ll feel great knowing you’re fueling your hot bod in training with trail mix, fruits, veggies, and granola bars etc. I packed a cooler with all my essentials for the weekend…and zip lock bagged my snacks pre-trip.
3. Don’t hesitate to ask for a mini-fridge in your hotel room (obviously if one isn’t already provided) when you check in. You’ll need it for your Organic Liaison products anyway…plus, it’s the perfect place to keep your fruits and veggies! I just made mention to the hotel that for dietary needs I required a mini fridge…and it was up there before I was!
4. Get your workouts in, or as I like to call then “fun-outs”, because you should be having more fun than work! All the walking you’ll do between casinos is great…but you’ll thank yourself later, and so will your buns, for hitting the stairs in your hotels for 30 minutes…or owning a sunset run on the strip among all the life in Vegas.
5. When you’re eating out, and your meal for some reason can’t be 100% organic, be as specific as possible with your server when ordering…i.e. no butter, no oil, no salt, etc. and asking for baked, broiled, or boiled is key when ordering.
6. Be prepared…get all your organic needs ahead of time so in the event that you leave something behind accidentally, you’ll avoid the mad dash in unfamiliar territory to find something needed.
7. Get good sleep…I know it’s hard to stick to a routine (especially in Vegas where you NEVER know what time it is). Try your best to get a solid 8 hours!
8. Skip taking taxis and buses from hotel to hotel when stepping out or sight seeing. If you have the legs…use em’!!
9. Wear proper footwear since you’ll be on your feet more often than not…ahemmm, moving you body!! Ditch the heels ladies…the mean streets of Vegas are unforgiving to your feet, shins and knees.
10. HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!!! I thought I was drinking enough water…and I most definitely wasn’t. For the future…especially when tromping in the desert…I will drink two times more water than I usually do…and of course, don’t forget your Rescue Me!”
- Kelli Reilly, Organic Liaison weight loss journey participant
[Image: http2007's Flickr Photostream]
UPDATE: Kelly has since completed her weight loss journey. Watch her latest video from June 2011 here!
See incredible Before/After photos in our Member Success Gallery.
A key part of the program? Organic Liaison Rescue Me Kit – learn more!