At OrganicLiaison, our focus is on providing reliable, easy-to-understand, and accurate content to help our readers manage their health effectively. We follow a proven editorial process to ensure we are offering the best and most relevant information.
Our editorial process serves as the foundation of all our activities. We follow this process to make sure that all the content we publish adheres to our strict standards.
The content creation and editing at OrganicLiaison is built around four key aspects of our editorial process:
- Earning and maintaining reader’s trust,
- Upholding high journalistic standards,
- Prioritizing accuracy, empathy, and inclusion,
- Continual monitoring and updating of content.
These cornerstones guarantee that our readers can consistently find timely, scientifically-backed information they need.
1. Earning and Maintaining Trust
There is an abundance of health information available, but it can often be perplexing, overwhelming, inaccurate, or out of reach. We’re here to address this.
OrganicLiaison offers content that is trustworthy, accurate, evidence-supported, clear, comprehensible, accessible, empathetic, and actionable.
Our content touches upon both mental and physical health, aiming to optimize overall wellness. We cover a wide range of topics and perspectives, giving people the information they need to take control of their health effectively.
Recognizing that everyone’s circumstances, experiences, and preferences differ, we stand for inclusivity and empathy. We are here, judgement-free, for everyone seeking better health.
2. Upholding High Journalistic Standards
Readers visit OrganicLiaison for correct information. Thus, it is our duty to uphold high journalistic standards. Our news and educational content is unbiased, balanced, timely, actionable, supported by research, honest, and comprehensive.
Here’s how we maintain these standards:
- Our editorial team meticulously selects and trains expert writers and contributors. We assess our content creators for their expertise in subject matter and relevant life experience. Regular feedback and ongoing coaching is a part of the training.
- Every piece of content is checked by an expert: A medical professional or a professional fact-checker reviews every piece of content for accuracy. OrganicLiaison’s medical network comprises healthcare professionals from various backgrounds, with a wealth of expertise in their respective fields.
- We carefully vet all brands we partner with: Our Brand and Content Integrity team researches the business practices of partner brands, and evaluates their medical and health claims against the current body of scientific evidence.
- Our consumer drug information is created by experienced medical editors: A team of skilled medical editors works with PharmD writers and medical reviewers to create our consumer drug information.
- Our News team stays up-to-date: Our experienced in-house writers and freelancers produce our news content. They delve into the latest medical research daily, keeping readers informed about the latest in the health world.
- All content is thoroughly checked: Our editorial team works on each piece of content before it’s published, ensuring that it meets our rigorous editorial standards.
3. Prioritizing Accuracy, Empathy, and Inclusivity
We ensure all content is accessible and understandable to our readers. Our proprietary style guide, based on the Associated Press Stylebook, directs our writers and editors to focus on readability, clarity, empathy, inclusivity, real-life application, quality sourcing, and clear citations.
We aim for transparency, bravery, and progression, using conscious, empathetic, and respectful language that promotes inclusivity and compassion. Our commitment to conscious language is ongoing, and we regularly engage with community advocates and research language trends within health communities.
As language evolves, so do we. We respect our readers’ choice of words when sharing their personal stories, and our choice of language reflects this commitment.
4. Continual Monitoring and Updating of Content
Health information is always changing. New research emerges, old ideas are disproven, and terminology evolves.
At OrganicLiaison, we constantly monitor and update our content to share the most current and accurate information. We have teams of editors and experts dedicated to identifying and updating any inaccurate or unclear information.
Our Medical Integrity team keeps an eye on changes in standards of care, new clinical guidelines, drug approvals or recalls, and major practice recommendations. The team shares these insights with our editors and partners so they can update our content to reflect the latest, most accurate, and most useful information.
We monitor and update content through regular audits, annual brand vetting, daily updates, and immediate action from feedback.
Our Editorial Process: Designed for Our Readers
At OrganicLiaison, our readers are our top priority. We aim to be an ally in everyone’s journey to health and wellness. Our editorial process ensures that we can provide the most accurate, relevant, and accessible content possible.
We are always striving to improve, so we welcome your feedback. If you have any questions or comments about the accuracy or usability of our content, or feel an article is out of date, you can easily let us know by visiting this page.